Why More Than 100,000 Attend Annual Progressive Insurance Miami International Boat Show
Top Reasons to Visit and Cover World’s Premier Boating Event: Recreational Boating is Big Business in U.S., thousands of boat debuts, all-access pass to enjoy boating lifestyle
MIAMI, FLA. – January 9, 2013 – For the last 72 years, one of the world’s largest boat shows has been held annually in Miami. The Progressive Insurance Miami International Boat Show returns President’s Day Weekend, Feb. 14-18, 2013 - an event that draws more than 100,000 visitors from around the world to explore the best of boating, and generates big business in Florida and for the U.S. recreational boating industry.
Here’s a breakdown of boat show facts, a look at the state of the industry, big visuals, and other stories not to be missed at the 2013 Progressive Insurance Miami International Boat Show:
- Biggest boating business news in the industry in years.TheU.S.recreational boating industry is seeing the tide begin to turn for new powerboat sales with an estimated 10 percent increase in 2012, according to theNational Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA).Early projections indicate the industry will see additional increases in 2013 by as much as 5-10 percent.
- At the ProgressiveInsurance New York Boat Show (first boat show of the season), dealers and manufactures reported increased hiring and sales, another solid positive industry indicator.
- The showfeatures more than 2,000 local, national and international companies showcasing more than 3,000 of the newest boats, many making their world debuts, plus thousands of new gadgets, engines, gear and marine accessories. Be one of the first to board,review and report on the newest boats and more!
- Economic impact:The Miami Boat Show generates $817.8 million annually in gross sales and wages and supports more than 9,000 full-timejobs inFlorida.
- The Miami Boat Showoccupies three locations, uses2.5 million sq. ftof exhibition space at theMiami Beach Convention Center and1 million sq. ft.of carpet –enough to cover 20 football fields
- National and international make-up:More than 45-percent of visitors that travel to the Miami Boat Show are from outside the state ofFlorida.
- Why more than 100,000 attend annually: The five-day show is an all-access pass to experience the boating lifestyle, with a chance to shop thousands of the newest in recreational boats and marine accessories while also participating in premier hands-on learning opportunities on-land and in-water.
- There’s a boat for every budget and lifestyle. Boats of all shapes and sizes are for sale at some of the best deals of the year – from luxury motor and sailing yachts to sport fishers, family cruisers and performance boats.
- There arehundredsof hourly boating clinicsfor seasoned captains and new boaters covering sailing, big game fishing and Boating 101 from the top industry boating experts.